Southern Made is a team of curious technologists and creative problem solvers. We are seeking a technically-minded person who enjoys helping scope and maintain processes for a wide variety of web and mobile projects. You will be working alongside the CTO to help support our Business Development and Project Management teams in planning and executing 100s of projects each year.
The ideal candidate will have past experience in web development, as well as technical project management. You will be able to take rough requirements, gather needed details, and independently scope for development costs and timelines. You will also be able to collaborate directly with development teams and act as a technical point of contact for troubleshooting and support of projects across the organization. Previous experience in an agency (web, experiential, design/branding, etc) a big plus.
Role: Technical Business Analyst
Technical Business Analyst Salary: $70,000+ (based on experience)
- Review incoming projects, provide time and budget estimates with information on-hand.
- Work with Sales to gather critical requirements and information during the sales process.
- Prepare detailed line-item spec/feature sheets for the Project Management team prior to or as part of project kick-off.
- Recommend specific development teams and/or technologies for incoming projects.
- Research and document technologies, platforms, and services based on incoming Sales opportunities as well as areas of emerging interest.
- Work with development teams to help architect and plan large, technically complex projects.
- Act as front-line internal support for technical project issues, triage code and server issues as possible.
- Assist the CTO in developing automated and manual processes to manage the technical aspects of projects: version control, access, infrastructure setup and deployment, backups, spin-downs, etc.
- Manage documentation for Project Managers to help them accomplish more technical aspects of their work.
- Assist the CTO in evaluating new development partners.
- Assist the CTO in auditing actual project spend against budget projections.
- Work with the CTO to provide transparency into development capacity, including forecasting.
- 3+ years of experience in web development, ideally using open source software
- 3+ years of experience in technical or project management
- Experience working both independently as well as part of a team
- The ability to context switch across a number of topics and tasks
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present a polished, professional, and diplomatic image to all stakeholders
- Experience in an agency (web, experiential, design/branding, etc) a big plus.
Things We Value
These are the things we think make a great coworker:
- You can create and execute against a plan and checklist
- You are a great communicator and understand the importance of serving customers
- You understand technology and can communicate it to non-technical people
- You understand the power of data and want to use it to create better experiences
- You love to diagnose and creatively solve problems
- You can handle multiple projects with strict timelines and budgets effectively
- You add energy to every conversation
- You treat customers better than they expect
- You offer to help coworkers before they ask
- You encourage curiosity
- You figure out what didn’t work
About Southern Made
We are a team of passionate creatives and builders who love to help our clients explore what is possible. We are headquartered in Nashville for the last 7 years with clients across the US. We work with market leaders and innovators. Our team has worked together for over a decade and have built 1000’s of projects together, and will build 1000’s more with your help. We are a remote first technical project management agency with staff in Tennessee, Washington, Vermont, Minnesota and Florida. We can’t wait to hear from you!
- A place you want to work, with people you want to work with
- A culture of empowerment and growth
- Remote work friendly
- Continuous education programs
- Mentorship from experts
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k and Profit Sharing plans
- Healthy snacks and lots of coffee
- Technology reimbursement program
- Personal fitness reimbursement program
- Room to grow and learn inside a small company
- Volunteering options with area non-profits
- Ability to work where your voice is heard and appreciated